TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to The Academy of Arts courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as "student"). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of The Academy of Arts.
2. Course times and fees are given in the Yearly calendar, for each course. An application will only be deemed to have been accepted if accompanied by the payment/transfer of the required deposit and if signed by an adult. Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be confirmed in writing along with all relevant course details and acceptance of any student is not confirmed until that letter has been issued. The application form signed is the contract between The Academy of Arts and the student. The application form also allows The Academy of Arts to take photographs and video footage of all students and may be used for advertising and promotion.
All students must wear the appropriate uniform for each class at The Diva Academy
3. Methods of Payment
Cheque above £50
4. Courses take place once a week, unless stated otherwise, during the normal academic terms. The term dates for the following term will be shown in the termly calendar, given to all students on application.
5. Written confirmation from The Academy of Arts of an application confirming that a student has been allocated a place establishes a contract for the provision of teaching services.
All students are offered a free trial lesson in order to trial the experience of our Theatre School. All class fees are to be paid in full before each term unless other arrangements have been made. Once the fees are received in full a refund for cancellation of classes or non-attendance cannot be given. Thereafter, the contract automatically continues for the consecutive term unless it is terminated before the end. A full four weeks’ notice is required to cancel the contract between The Academy of Arts and the student before the new term commences. In that case the contract will expire on the last day of the current term. Termination will only be accepted when received by the parent in writing. If not received a full terms fees will be invoiced and due.
7. The Academy of Arts reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
8. The Academy of Arts reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
9. Fees are reviewed annually in September.
10. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform The Academy of Arts and its staff of any existing injuries or medical condition.
11. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. The Academy of Arts can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
12. The liability of The Academy of Arts and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
13. It is at the principals’ discretion to who is entered for their NATD, Arts Award and Acrobatic Arts examinations
14. Parents of the pupil are responsible for the payment of all NATD, Arts Award and Acrobatic Arts examinations
1. Any personal information provided to The Academy of Arts will be "processed" (as such terms are defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) by The Academy of Arts for the purposes of administration, research, the provision of teaching services in singing, dance, musical theatre, hula hooping, drama and the organisation of performances for the administration of The Academy of Arts statutory obligations under legislation relating to children. We will not disclose this information to third parties for marketing purposes.
2. The Academy of Arts itself may use this information to provide marketing information.
3. By submitting an application form to The Academy of Arts you are deemed to consent to the use of such Personal Data for the above purpose